Friday, February 25, 2022

Ready for spring

In my last post I mentioned sharing more cards made with gel prints, and I'm working on that. But in the meantime, I wanted to quickly pop in and share a few cards I made recently that just make me happy. Bright colors and some flowers -- I can tell I'm ready for spring!

 

I really love the layout on this first card. The bold colors really pop against the black, although they look a little muted in this photo. And the vertical strips of colored card stock make it feel like the bicycle images are moving across the card.

 

A layering stencil from Pretty Pink Posh made it easy to create these daffodils, which are a lovely focal point for a spring or Easter card. I think they look especially pretty with the stitched edges of the white panel.


 

Clean and simple layouts are always some of my favorite. I really like the style of the flowers in this window box -- the stems and flowers are all separate stamps, so you could create a ton of different looks.


 

Okay, no flowers here, but ocean cards always make me think of warm weather, so I think it counts. I've had the Scenes from the Sea stencil set from Trinity Stamps for ever and finally tried it out. I'm definitely no ink-blending expert, but I think this little underwater scene turned out pretty cute.


 

I actually completely messed up what I intended to do for this card, which uses a stencil from Taylored Expressions. You're supposed to stamp the coordinating background stamp first and then use the stencil to fill in the flowers. I didn't even think about it and just grabbed the stencil and started ink blending on my card stock. Oops. I know I could have figured out how to position the background stamp over it, but instead I decided to just draw in the details on the flowers and leaves using the background stamp as a guide. It's not perfect, but I saved it from the recycle bin!

 

That's it for today's quick post. I'm planning some crafty time tomorrow, so we'll see what comes of it. Thanks for stopping by!



2 comments:

sunshine. said...

These are happy and fun cards! The one with the bike is my fave! I like how you matched the colours!
Sunshine.

Andrea said...

Thanks so much, Sunshine!