Sunday, November 28, 2021

Houseplant card set

It's so hard to believe that Christmas is less than a month away. This year has simultaneously seemed to last forever and just fly by. I'm busy trying to get things in order for the holidays, so I haven't done much card making. (I have been making calendars, but I can't share those yet.) I wanted to get one more blog post in before December, so today I'm sharing a set of cards I made last summer. 

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise stated):
Stamps: Plentiful Plants
Paper: Thick Very Vanilla, Very Vanilla, Cajun Craze, Night of Navy, Dapper Denim, Old Olive, Garden Green, Emerald Envy card stock; First Edition Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP); Kraft woodgrain card stock (Memory Box)
Ink: Cajun Craze, Night of Navy, Dapper Denim, Garden Green, Old Olive, Emerald Envy
Accessories: Perfect Plants dies, Art Glitter Glue (Art Impressions)

I think this set of cards is great for just about any occasion -- or no occasion at all -- and will work for men or women. The newsprint-style DSP makes a neutral background but still adds a lot of visual interest. I think an embossed card base would also look great for the background if you wanted something a little more subtle.


To make this set of cards, I chose three colors for the pots and three colors for the plants. I stamped and die cut the different images from the different colors, mixed and matched the pieces, and adhered them to the card bases. I like this technique for making sets of cards because while it's clear that all the cards go together, it's more fun for me than making multiples of the exact same design.

Thanks so much for stopping by!


4 comments:

Sunshine. said...

That news print dsp is so cool! The colours you chose all match perfectly with each other. As ou said, you can use these cards for all kinds of occasions. Awesome job!
Sunshine.

Anonymous said...

Love them - I like the idea using the small differences in color.
Judy

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine! I was worried the DSP would be too busy in the background, but I think it works.

Andrea said...

Thanks, Judy! I don't generally enjoy mass producing cards, so anything I can do to change it up a little helps. :)