Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Collection of autumn cards

About two weeks ago we had beautiful sunny skies and temps in the 70s and even low 80s. Now it's snowing, and there is talk about getting 3" to 5". I don't think much of it will stick for long, though, since it's supposed to be in the 40s and rainy later this week.(At least I hope it doesn't because I still need to rake the leaves.) That's Minnesota weather for you, so I can't say I'm surprised. But this year, snow in October is just a little too much. Sigh.

Today I'm going to try to push aside thoughts of winter and stay focused on autumn by sharing the fall cards I've made. I have quite a few pictures, so I won't spend too much time about all the details. If you have any questions, just leave a comment, and I'll respond as soon as I can.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Beautiful Autumn, Wild at Heart (Gina K Designs)
Paper: Very Vanilla, thick Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso card stock; Gilded Autumn Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP)
Ink: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze, Soft Suede, Mint Macaron
Accessories: Linen thread, Autumn Punch Pack, Wreath Builder Template (Gina K Designs), Copper Glimmer Metallic Ink (Hero Arts), sequins (Paper Pumpkin leftovers), Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute), foam tape (3M)

These are the first two -- and so far only -- cards that I made with the Gilded Autumn Suite from Stampin' Up!. For the card on the right I stamped and punched out several leaves and acorns. I arranged them in a border along the right edge of a vanilla card base and added a stamped sentiment.

For the card on the left, I used the acorn and two leaf images with the Wreath Builder Template to create an autumn wreath. I added metallic accents by dipping a toothpick in copper ink and making dots around the wreath. I added a strip of DSP below the wreath, stamped a sentiment in the center, and glued a linen thread bow at the bottom.

Supplies:
Stamps: Essential Messages (Hero Arts), Gorgeous Grunge (Stampin' Up!)
Paper: Cajun Craze and Very Vanilla card stock, gold foil sheets, Typeset Specialty DSP (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Cajun Craze (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: Thankful Leaves dies (Concord & 9th), Regals Candy Dots (Stampin' Up!), linen thread (Stampin' Up!), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute)

I had these die-cut leaves hanging around (maybe I cut them out last year?), so I layered them together and added a linen thread bow to make a quick focal point. For the background I stamped some splatters on a piece of newsprint DSP.

Supplies:
Kit: September 2020 My Monthly Hero kit (Hero Arts)
Paper: Pool Party, Whisper White card stock (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Intensified Black (Hero Arts)
Accessories: Sun and Clouds dies (Taylored Expressions), Dimensionals (Stampin' Up!)

The September 2020 My Monthly Hero kit had a fun pumpkin patch/cornfield layering stamp set, which is perfect for autumn here. I wasn't in a very think-outside-the-box mood when I made these cards, so I just used the kit as designed to make these sweet cards. It's fascinating to watch the scene come together as you use the different stamps to add layers of color. I added some die-cut clouds to fill up the sky just a little.

Supplies:
Stamps: You're So Lovely (Hero Arts)
Paper: Crumb Cake, Baked Brown Sugar, Very Vanilla card stock (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Sugar Cube (Taylored Expressions), Spa Collection mini ink pads (Catherine Pooler), Bronze Glimmer Metallic Ink (Hero Arts)
Accessories: You're So Lovely dies (Hero Arts), clear droplets (Pretty Pink Posh), water brush (Stampin' Up!), Dimensionals (Stampin' Up!), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute)

I make floral cards all the time, whatever season it is. But this set of flower stamps, combined with the jewel tones of the Spa Collection ink pads from Catherine Pooler, seemed perfect for autumn. I stamped and die cut all the pieces and arranged them on neutral card bases that I had splattered with metallic ink. (And the card bases are two different colors; it's not just weird lighting.)

After splattering the card bases, I had some metallic ink left over, so I painted a couple strips of vanilla card stock, trimmed the ends, and adhered each strip to one of the card bases. I love that extra metallic accent. I stamped the sentiment in white ink just above each banner and finished the cards with a few clear droplets.

Supplies:
Stamps: Autumn Silhouettes, Hey Boo (Gina K Designs)
Paper: Whisper White, Delightful Dijon card stock (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Peppermint Scrub, Mandarin Spice, Sauna, Green Tea (Catherine Pooler); Chocolate Truffle Amalgam ink (Gina K Designs)
Accessories: Regals Candy Dots, Bronze Silk Ink (Hero Arts)

These are such pretty leaf stamps that I decided to just stamp them in fall colors on white card stock and add some Bronze splatter. (Splatters seem to be my new sequins!) I mounted each panel on a Delightful Dijon card base and added a sentiment stamped on a separate layer of white card stock. I cut the sentiment layer on an angle to follow the shape of the sentiment and to keep more of the background visible.

I haven't made as many autumn cards as I wanted to this year, so I'll try to make a few more for Thanksgiving (even though it seems like we may be well into winter by then). And if you're still looking for ideas for Halloween cards, stay tuned for my next post. Thanks for stopping by!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love all of these! I have more leaf stamp sets than a person should...it would be good to get motivated to use them. There's snow here today too...it should melt, I'm sure. I like the color combo in the last pair...thanks for the inspiration and ideas.
Judy

Sunshine. said...

Beautiful Autumn cards Andrea! I particularly like the last two, the colours are so pretty and very Autumn-y! I also like the DSP you used on one of the first cards, it blends in well! Love all of them:-)
Have a greay weekend!
Sunshine.

Andrea said...

Thanks, Judy! I don't have as many leaf sets as flower sets, but I do love leaf images. And they're different styles or have different sentiments/extras, so it's all justified! :)

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine! I love all the colors of fall!