Thursday, March 28, 2019

Fairy wishes

I hate to jinx it, but I'm pretty sure that spring has actually arrived. We still have some lingering patches of ice and snow, but I know it won't be long before the grass is green, the trees are budding, and the flowers are poking through the dirt. Spring is a magical season and, I think, the perfect time for fairies.

Supplies:
Stamps: December 2018 My Monthly Hero Kit stamps and dies (Hero Arts)
Paper: Crumb Cake, Basic Black card stock (Stampin' Up!); Coldpress watercolor paper (Strathmore)
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black (Tsukineko), Tuxedo Black (Memento), watercolor paints (Close to My Heart), Stardust Gelly Roll pen (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Frame in Frame 2 Cutting Plate (Taylored Expressions), Moonshine confetti (Hero Arts), clear embossing powder (Stampamania), water brush (Close to My Heart), Dimensionals (Stampin' Up!)

I started these cards by stamping, embossing and die cutting various images so I had a good pile of fairies, flowers, and accent elements to play with. Then I chose a few of those pieces for each card, and added color with watercolor paints.

I love this little fairy sitting with her legs crossed, and this mushroom is a perfect little perch for her. I also painted two dandelions and a little ladybug, and then worked on creating a layout.

I decided to stick with neutral colors for the background so the images would really stand out. I die cut a Basic Black scalloped frame and adhered it to a Crumb Cake card base. I arranged the dandelions and mushrooms so they overlapped the frame a bit, glued them to the card base and then added the fairy and ladybug with Dimensionals.

You can't have a fairy card without some sparkle, so I colored the white parts of the images -- the fairy wings, mushroom spots, and bit of dandelion fluff -- with a Stardust Gelly Roll pen. I also sprinkled a few bits of Moonshine confetti around the card front. I love it!

Supplies:
Stamps: December 2018 My Monthly Hero Kit stamps and dies (Hero Arts)
Paper: Basic Black card stock (Stampin' Up!), Coldpress watercolor paper (Strathmore)
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black (Tsukineko), watercolor paints (Close to My Heart)
Accessories: Woodland embossing folder (Stampin' Up!), Moonshine confetti (Hero Arts), clear embossing powder (Stampamania), clear Wink of Stella glitter brush pen (ZIG), water brush (Close to My Heart), Dimensionals (Stampin' Up!)
For my next card I wanted to create the look of a forest at night. So I embossed a Basic Black card base with the Woodland embossing folder. It works, but in hindsight, I think the black is almost too stark. Maybe I should have used a dark gray or navy instead.

At any rate, I painted two fairies, a daisy and a couple of leaves for this card. The sleeping fairy is curled up on the daisy, and of course the other fairy is fluttering over her, sprinkling her with fairy dust to create sweet dreams. It's hard to tell in this photo, but I also painted Wink of Stella glitter on the fairies' wings.

Supplies:
Stamps: December 2018 My Monthly Hero Kit stamps and dies (Hero Arts)
Paper: Balmy Blue, Garden Green card stock (Stampin' Up!), Coldpress watercolor paper (Strathmore)
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black (Tsukineko); Tuxedo Black (Memento); Marina Mist (Stampin' Up!); ZIG Clean Color Real Brush pens: 091, 901, 099, 095, 021, 024, 020, 044; Signo white gel pen (Uni-Ball)
Accessories: Grassy Border die (Lawn Fawn), clear embossing powder (Stampamania), mini jewels (Doodlebug Design Inc.), clear Wink of Stella glitter brush pen (ZIG), water brush (Close to My Heart), Dimensionals (Stampin' Up!), adhesive dots (Glue Dots)

For my third card, I had to focus on this adorable little mouse blowing dandelion seeds. How cute is he?

I started with a Balmy Blue card base and used Marina Mist ink to stamp a few tone-on-tone dandelions in the background. I die cut a grassy border to add along the bottom of the card and added a mushroom for the mouse to sit on. To finish the scene I added a few stamped and die-cut dandelion seeds blowing away. What do you think this little mouse is wishing for? Maybe a big pile of crackers with cheese and peanut butter.

Thanks for stopping today. May your day be filled with fairy wishes and dandelion dreams!



No comments: