Saturday, March 9, 2019

Trio of containers and flowers

I am so ready for spring. Mother Nature seems determined to hang onto winter, however, as we are getting yet another heavy snowfall tonight. It was actually rain most of the day, but it's just turned over to snow. Wet, heavy, messy snow. Sigh.

Even though it will be quite a while until I can see flowers out my window, I can always pull out my flower stamps in my craft room. And that's just what I did yesterday, creating two cards for the Floral Cards challenge on the Art Impressions blog. (Bonus: I made birthday cards, so they also fit in the "Build your birthday card stash" theme for the Hero Arts National Craft Month Challenge!) Here is the first card:

Supplies:
Stamps: 4869 - WC Small Container Set, 5009 - WC Mini Flower Set (Art Impressions); Sentimental Birthday (Winnie & Walter)
Paper: Watercolor paper (Strathmore); Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla card stock (Stampin' Up!)
Ink (markers): 27 Olive Brown, 13 Ochre, 46 Crimson Lake, 5 Yellow, 86 African Violet (Marvy LePlume II); 158 (Tombow)
Accessories: Wonky Stitched Circles dies (My Favorite Things), thick Night of Navy baker's twine (Stampin' Up!), Garden Trellis embossing folder (Stampin' Up!), foam tape (3M)

I really enjoy watercoloring with Art Impressions stamps, but I need to practice more often. These little containers with flowers are the perfect size for that because they're not as intimidating as a full scene and I don't feel so bad if I "mess up" and decide not to keep it. (Although I do try not to be too critical of my work.)

I die cut my three tiny paintings with stitched circle dies and used foam tape to add them to an embossed panel. Then I wrapped twine around the embossed panel, tied it off in a bow, and adhered it to a Crumb Cake card base. I stamped the sentiment on a strip of Very Vanilla card stock, trimmed the end and added it below the twine.

I'll share my second flowery card (another watercolor design) in my next post. Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Sunshine. said...

Oh Andrea, this is such a pretty card! I really like it - a lot!:-) I like how you did the little pots of flowers in the white circles, they look so cute! I like the embossed background too:-)
Sunshine
ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

Katrin said...

This is wonderful vernal bunch!
Greetings Katrin

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine!

Andrea said...

Thank you, Katrin!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I love your tiny little paintings! They look great on your card!

Carol H. said...

Your watercoloring is beautiful, as is your card! Thank you for joining in our Floral Cards challenge at Art Impressions!