Thursday, March 7, 2019

That kind of day

Did you ever have a day where one thing after another seems to go wrong? I had one of those afternoons. It wasn't anything horrible or life-changing or even really all that important, but just a series of things that resulted from me being scatterbrained, which I'm normally not and which makes it all the more aggravating.

I am really hard on myself when I make mistakes, so I'm trying to push aside the negative thoughts and focus on happier things, like this card:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: To Thine Own Shelf (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper: Thick Whisper White card stock, Wood Textures Designer Series Paper (DSP) Stack
Ink: Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Pool Party
Accessories: Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), stamp platform (Tonic Studios - Tim Holtz)

Now I know I'm not perfect (today was definitely a reminder of that!), but I kind of think this card is. It's nothing fancy, but just looking at this little scene makes me happy and relaxed.

I did use a stamp platform when I made this card because I intended to make a few cards all with the same design. But I've also used this stamp set several times with just clear blocks, and it's fairly easy to line up the images. With the stamp platform, though, I was able to re-stamp images when needed, so the colors are nice and bold.

For the background I used a piece of Wood Textures DSP as a nod to the wooden shelves. I didn't even add any embellishments because it seemed perfect without them. (But if I had added anything, it probably would have been a few clear sequins, because sequins are everything.)

Thanks for stopping by today. Here's to a better evening for me -- and for you, too, if you've had that kind of day. I will be having pizza and dessert, so it can't be all that bad!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope today is going better for you! That's a great card in lots of ways - you do such a great job creating a balanced scene with the individual components & the colors are great together.
Judy

Sunshine. said...

Those stamp platforms are great, aren't they! They make stamping more fun I think! You did a great job on this card Andrea, I just love all the books and things on the shelves! I like the colours too! Great job! I think the card looks great without the sequins...did I just say that?! We all have times when things seem to go wrong one after the other. I had a day like that recently and just kept thinking, 'oh well, tomorrow is a new day and I can start again!'
Hope you enjoyed the pizza and dessert!
Have a great weekend, and I hope the snow stops for you!
Sunshine

Andrea said...

Thanks, Judy! That makes my day! :)

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine! I wish my shelves were so artfully arranged! :) We had a couple of days without snow, but it's coming down pretty heavily right now.