Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Streamers to celebrate

I make a lot of birthday cards, both for myself and to give as sets to family members, so I'm always looking for new birthday-themed stamps and embellishments. The Skinny Mini Party Borders dies from Taylored Expressions fit that bill perfectly.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Packed for Birthday, It's Your Birthday
Paper: Daffodil Delight, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Lemon Lime Twist, Bermuda Bay, Whisper White, Basic Black card stock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Crumb Cake, Daffodil Delight, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Lemon Lime Twist, Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, Stardust Gelly Roll pen (Sakura)
Accessories: Skinny Mini Party Borders dies (Taylored Expressions), Stitched Shapes Framelits dies, Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute Glitter), Dimensionals

I love that these dies have four different streamer shapes, and they're the perfect size to fit across an A2-sized card.

For this card I went with a bold, bright color scheme. I cut all of the streamers out of Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Bermuda Bay and Lemon Lime Twist card stock and glued two of each color on the front of a Daffodil Delight card base.

I stamped and colored the Packed for Birthday image and then cut it out with the Stitched Shapes Framelits dies. (Tip: You can use a square die to cut a rectangle. Align the die on one side of your image and run it through your die-cutting machine. Then reposition the die along the opposite side of the image and run it through your die-cutting machine just enough to trim that side. The faux stitching may overlap a bit, but it shouldn't be too noticeable.) I layered the image on black card stock and adhered it to the card base with Dimesionals.

The bright colors needed a little sparkle, so I used a Stardust Gelly Roll pen to color some of the details in the stamped image.

Inside the card I added a layer of white card stock stamped with the sentiment. I glued two streamers above the greeting to carry over the theme from the card front.

I used ten of the sixteen die-cut streamers on this card, so while I was at it I used the remaining six streamers to create another card:
Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Celebrations
Paper: Thick Whisper White, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Lemon Lime Twist, Bermuda Bay, Whisper White card stock
Ink: Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Lemon Lime Twist, Bermuda Bay
Accessories: Skinny Mini Party Borders dies (Taylored Expressions), Everyday Label punch, metallic foil doilies, silver 3mm nailhead stickers (Mark Richards), silver sequins (unknown), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute Glitter), Dimensionals

For the focal point on this card, I used markers to apply ink directly to the rubber stamp, which allowed me to create a multi-colored image. I punched out the image with the Everyday Label punch and added a silver nailhead sticker to the tab on either side. Then I cut a small silver doily in half and glued the two pieces behind the top and bottom edges of the punched shape.

I used Dimensionals to adhere the focal piece to a white card base embellished with the six die-cut streamers. Three silver sequins finish off the card.



Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

OMG these are great cards! Love all the various colours on the banners! So much fun...I feel a party coming on:-)
Sunshine
www.ihearttostamp.blogspot.com