Thursday, March 1, 2018

Message in a Bottle valentines

After a short break for my Christmas card post yesterday, I'm back to share a couple more of my Valentine's Day cards from this year. These two designs feature the stamp set Message in a Bottle.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Message in a Bottle
Paper: Whisper White note cards and envelopes, Whisper White card stock
Ink: Basic Gray, Pool Party, Rich Razzleberry, Crumb Cake
Accessories: Pool Party baker's twine, Brights enamel shapes, Dimensionals

If you follow my blog, you've probably noticed that I like to make clean and simple cards. This card definitely fits that bill.

I stamped the bottle, waves, octopus and cork on Whisper White card stock and then cut out the bottle by hand. It needed a little embellishment, so I tied a baker's twine bow around the neck and then adhered the bottle to a white note card using Dimensionals. I stamped the sentiment on the card front below the bottle and added a small enamel near the top of the bottle.

This card would be great for a thinking-of-you note any time of year.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Message in a Bottle
Paper: Whisper White note cards and envelopes, Whisper White card stock, red foil sheets, Neutrals Designer Series Paper (DSP) stack
Ink: Basic Gray, Crumb Cake, black journaling pen, Crumb Cake Blends markers, C1 marker (Copic)
Accessories: Heart Border punch, Dimensionals

As with the previous card, I started this one by stamping the bottle, messages and cork on Whisper White card stock and then cutting out the bottle by hand. To give the messages an aged look, I used my Crumb Cake Blends alcohol markers to color them.

I wanted to add a pop of color to all the neutrals, so I punched a tiny heart out of red foil and adhered it to the bottle. I also cut a strip of red foil to adhere to the card base just below a small piece of Crumb Cake DSP with a pattern of hand-written words. I stamped the sentiment above the DSP and attached the bottle to the card base using Dimensionals. The last detail was to doodle a border around the edges of the card base. I haven't used that technique in a while, but I really like how it looks.

Thanks for stopping by!





1 comment:

Sunshine said...

These are so cute:-) I like the one with all the messages inside the best, but they are both great cards! And I LOVE the border you did - well done!
Sunshine
ihearttostamp.blogspot.com