Sunday, November 1, 2015

Bountiful Border cards

I've paged through the 2015-2016 Stampin' Up! catalog I don't know how many times since I received it last spring. But it wasn't until a few weeks ago that I noticed the Bountiful Border stamp set. I'm not sure how I overlooked it, but once I "found" it, I was intrigued. So I decided to add it to my last order, and this weekend I used it to make three cards.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Sprinkles and Smiles (Penny Black), Bountiful Border
Paper: Thick Whisper White card stock
Ink: Hello Honey, Basic Gray pad and marker
Accessories: 2014-2016 In Color washi tape, corner rounder, Wink of Stella gold glitter brush pen (ZIG), Dimensionals

Using washi tape to make candles is one of my favorite quick-and-easy birthday card ideas. You can have just one candle or a whole row of them across a card front, and the jagged edges that are created by ripping the tape off the roll make it look like the candles are melting. So I was excited when I realized that the two individual leaf images in the Bountiful Border set make perfect candle flames. For this card I used three patterns of washi tape for the candles, added the wicks with a marker, stamped the flames with Hello Honey ink and used a gold glitter brush pen to add detail to the flames.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Bountiful Border
Paper: Marina Mist, thick Whisper White card stock
Ink: Old Olive, Marina Mist, So Saffron
Accessories: Petite Petals punch, Subtles Candy Dots, corner rounder, Dimensionals

I used the vine and flower images to make a border along the bottom of this card. I stamped the vine twice with the bottom point of the vines meeting in the middle. After stamping the flowers on the vines and the polka dots in the background I adhered a punched Marina Mist flower over the spot where the vines came together. I wanted to add something else to this card -- maybe a sentiment and/or an embellishment along the top of the card -- but I couldn't decide exactly what. So I'm leaving it like this until I figure out what else it needs.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Bountiful Border, Happiest Birthday Wishes
Paper: Whisper White, Smoky Slate, Calypso Coral card stock
Ink: Calypso Coral, Smoky Slate, Real Red, Old Olive
Accessories: 1/8" silver ribbon, silver sequin trim, corner rounder, sponge, Dimensionals, Glue Dots

To make the focal image for this card I stamped the large flower image four times with Calypso Coral ink on white card stock. Then I cut out each flower around a different layer of petals, sponged the edges with Real Red ink, and layered them together with Dimensionals (see photo).

I stamped the bunch of three leaves twice in the lower left corner of a panel of Whisper White card stock and adhered the layered flower over the leaves. Then I added a few silver sequins and a stamped sentiment and finished the card with a layer of Smoky Slate card stock, a strip of silver ribbon and a Calypso Coral card base.

I used all seven images in the Bountiful Border set (without repetition) to make these three cards, and I really like how each one turned out. I think this stamp set will be a great one to pull out for clean and simple cards. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: