Saturday, July 5, 2014

Faux-postage owls

I'm back for my second blog post this week. Woo hoo! That's one thing I can check off my to-do list. I love that feeling of accomplishment, even if it's only something little. In fact, I've been known to add things on my to-do list that I've already done, just so I can have something to check off. Just sayin'. If one of the things on your to-do list is to send a card to a friend, here's a cute design for you:

Grayish tan card with stamped splatters on the background. Focal image is four owls stamped in different colors, punched out with a square punch then layered on punched out postage stamp shapes. The layered pieces are adhered to the card in a square to look like a block of postage stamps.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Fox and Friends, Lovely Little Labels, Gorgeous Grunge, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: River Rock, Very Vanilla card stock
Ink: River Rock, Mossy Meadow, Marina Mist, Night of Navy, Baked Brown Sugar
Accessories: 1" square punch, Postage Stamp punch, washi tape (We R Memory Keepers), Dimensionals, Mono Multi liquid glue

I think cards featuring faux postage stamps are really cute and fun, and if you follow my blog, you've probably seen them before. To make the faux postage stamps for this card, I stamped the owl images on Whisper White card stock and punched them out with the 1" square punch. (I tried to position the punch the same way for each image, and I think I got pretty close.) Then I stamped the one-cent image in the upper right corner and adhered each square to a piece of Whisper White card stock punched with the Postage Stamp punch.

To make the background for the card, I stamped one of the splatter images from Gorgeous Grunge set a few times from the lower left corner to the upper right corner. I used the same color ink as the card base, River Rock, so the effect is subtle. I adhered a strip of washi tape across the card (I love the woodgrain look with the owls), stamped a sentiment and used Dimensionals to adhere the completed faux postage stamps to the card base.

Here's hoping your to-do list isn't too long this weekend. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: