Friday, February 7, 2014

Better late than never

I love to send birthday cards to my friends and family, and I do my best to get them mailed on time. But there are those times when life seems to get in the way, and I end up mailing cards late. Last month I needed a belated birthday card for one of my cousins, and this is what I created:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Off to Party (Raisin Boat)
Cardstock: Whisper White, Pacific Point, Summer Starfruit, Gumball Green, Smoky Slate, Soft Sky, red glimmer paper
Ink: Pacific Point, Smoky Slate, Gumball Green, Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Accessories: Cloudy Day embossing folder, 1-3/4" circle punch, Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack, linen thread, Dimensionals, Mono Multi liquid glue

I love the detail of the customizable license plate on this car - so cute! I stamped the car in Pacific Point and cut it out, including the windshield. I stamped the bottom part of the car again in Smoky Slate and Tuxedo Black, cut out the fender and tires, and glued them on the blue car. For the headlights I punched out small circles of red glimmer paper. Finally I stamped, colored and cut out the presents and adhered them to the back of the car so you can peak at them through the windshield.

To create the background scene, I embossed clouds on a piece of Soft Sky cardstock and added a half circle at the top of the panel for the sun. I cut out a hill and a road, adhered them to the card base and added the car with Dimensionals. A piece of linen thread makes a quick, simple embellishment.

Thanks for stopping by!



No comments: