Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter, everybunny!

Happy Easter! I didn't have much success making Easter cards this year; there always seemed to be something else that needed to get done first. In fact, I made (and mailed) a grand total of only two Easter cards. I have several adorable Easter stamp sets (how could bunnies and chicks not be adorable?), and I was disappointed I didn't get more use out of them this year. So I decided to use my newest Easter set and make just a couple really quick Easter cards this morning that I could hand deliver at our family dinner this afternoon.

Sahara Sand card base with embossed flowers and yellow ribbon. Focal image is a bunny riding in an Easter Egg hot air balloon.
Supplies for both cards (all Stampin' Up!®):
Stamps: Everybunny
Card stock: Sahara Sand, Whisper White, So Saffron
Ink: Jet Black StazOn, Sahara Sand; markers: Sahara Sand, Peach Parfait, So Saffron, Creamy Caramel, Baja Breeze, Wild Wasabi, Blushing Bride
Accessories: Labels Collection Framelits dies, Elegant Bouquet embossing folder, basic pearls, 5/8" So Saffron grosgrain ribbon, So Saffron taffeta ribbon, Dimensionals

Sahara Sand card base with stamped mushrooms and yellow ribbon. Focal image is a bunny with an Easter Egg and chick.
I used the same colors and the same basic layout for each card. To add a little variety, I changed the main images, the backgrounds, and the type of ribbon used.

There isn't much to explain with these cards, but here is one tip: To create the thin border around the label die cuts, first cut out the image with the desired size Framelit die. Then place that same on the card stock to be used for the mat, trace along the "lip" of the die, and cut out the shape along the traced line. Of course, you can always use the next larger size Framelit die to cut out the mat, but that will result in a wider border around the image. For these cards, I wanted a fairly thin border.

I hope you and your loved ones have a joyful Easter. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: