Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Fun florals

I can't believe today is already the last day of May. Where does the time go? This afternoon we finally got to the garden center to buy some veggies for the garden and flowers for planters. It will be a few days before we get the garden planted, but it was such a beautiful evening that we planted the flowers as soon as we got home. And that put me in the mood to share some fun floral cards.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Happy Wishes (WPlus9 Design Studio), Inside & Out: Birthday (Papertrey Ink)
Paper: Thick Whisper White, Whisper White card stock; Raspberry card stock (Close to My Heart)
Ink: Raspberry, Blossom, Willow (Close to My Heart); Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Happy Wishes and Happy Wishes Words dies (WPlus9 Design Studio), rhinestones, Dimensionals

I love the fabulous pink flowers on this card. I stamped several flowers and branches on white card stock, cut them out with dies and played with them (and the pieces of the sentiment) until I had an arrangement I liked. I used Dimensionals to pop up one flower in each cluster as well as the die-cut "wishes" and the two banners with the stamped sentiment. A few simple rhinestones add a little sparkle.

After I finished the card front I realized that everything was a little too high, making the card feel top heavy. To balance it out I added a strip of dark pink card stock along the bottom of the card front.

I had a few extra stamped and die-cut flowers left from the front of the card, so I added a small cluster to the bottom right corner inside the card. I do like the "finished" look when I decorate the inside of a card; I'll have to work on doing that more often.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: With You (Close to My Heart), Inside & Out: Birthday (Papertrey Ink)
Paper: Thick Whisper White, Crumb Cake card stock
Ink: Wisteria Wonder, Calypso Coral, Apricot Appeal, Old Olive, Pear Pizzazz, Memento Tuxedo Black; watercolor paint (Close to My Heart)
Accessories: Water brush (Close to My Heart), Clear Faceted Gem, Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen, linen thread, Dimensionals

For this card I stamped the flowers and stems on a square of white card stock. Each flower is made up of two stamps: a solid shape and a detailed image. I used one color ink for each pair of stamps. First I stamped the detailed image using the desired color. Then I applied the same color ink to the solid image, stamped the image on scratch paper, and then stamped it over the detailed image, creating the lighter background tone.

I layered the panel on a piece of Crumb Cake card stock. I wrapped linen thread twice around the left side of the Crumb Cake card stock and tied it off with a bow.

To make the background I dipped a damp paintbrush in watercolor paint and tapped it to create color spatters on a white card base. I hadn't tried that technique with paint before, but it worked great! I just had to make sure the paint on the brush wasn't too thick.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Paper: Crumb Cake card stock, Hello Lovely paper (Close to My Heart)
Accessories: Picture My Life card (Close to My Heart), Shine and Sparkle sequins (Hazel & Ruby), Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), Glue Dots, Dimensionals

Here's a card with no stamping at all. I started with a Crumb Cake card base, rounded the corners and added a strip of floral patterned paper across the middle of the card. Here's a tip: If your strip isn't long enough to go across the whole card, but the middle will be covered up, just cut it into two pieces and adhere one piece to each side of the card.

In the middle of the card base I adhered a designed card made for pocket-style scrapbooking. In the center of that card I used Dimensionals to adhere a bouquet of flowers hand-cut from the patterned paper. (Note: This is the same paper I used in the second pair of cards in my "One hour, four cards" post if you want to see more of the pattern.) I also cut the largest flower from a second bouquet to add a little more dimension.

To add some sparkle to this simple card I applied clear Wink of Stella to the roses and added three sequins around the flowers.

I hope the flowers we planted today do well. And I'll be back soon (I hope!) with a first garden post for the season. Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Dortesjs said...

you make very lovely cards i will follow you.

Sunshine said...

OMG I love these cards! Especially the first and last ones, such gorjuss colours!
Sunshine, New Zealand
www.ihearttostamp.blogspot.com