Sunday, April 21, 2024

Delicate Floral Frames

The cards I'm sharing tonight are ones I originally made to send to two of my cousins' daughters for their Confirmation. I don't have many religious stamps or dies, so instead I made two general cards using the Delicate Floral Frames stamp and die set (Simon Says Stamp). As it happens, I ended up not using these cards, so I'll just add them to my stash. 

I stamped the frame images and sentiments on watercolor paper using VersaFine Onyx Black ink. Since watercolor paper is textured, I used a stamp positioning tool so I could stamp multiple times and get a good image. Then I embossed them with clear embossing powder. I used Karin brush markers to watercolor the leaf and flower parts of the images and to add a touch of light gray for a shadow. When the paint was dry I cut out the images with the coordinating dies. (I did have a problem with a little bit of the embossing coming off after I die cut. Luckily it's not too obvious since the embossing powder was clear.)

For the card bases I used kraft card stock and splattered them with a bit of gold watercolor. (It's hard to see in the photo, but I promise it's there.) I made loops of gold thread and placed them behind the focal images, which I attached to the card bases with foam tape. I finished each card with a few gold sequins.

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh these are gorgeous! I love the frames, and the flowers etc are so pretty and delicate! I like the shading, it looks great! Lavinia Stamps have some great watercolour card, you can stamp on either side. The 'rough' side is smooth enough to stamp on without using a stamp tool. No pressure to buy it, just thought I would mention it seeing as I have used it!
I hope you are getting some nice arm spring weather by now!
Take care,
Sunshine.

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine! And thanks for the tip about the Lavinia Stamps watercolor paper. I’ll try to remember to check it out when I need to buy more. :)