Saturday, April 27, 2024

Nature Walk collage-stamped cards

Recently I used the Nature Walk stamp set (Gina K Designs) to make four cards. I used collage-style stamping and a variety of ink pads in earthy colors to make my own piece of patterned card stock. I then cut that piece into four A2 panels and got to work on the cards.

For the first two cards I trimmed the panels just a bit, splattered them with copper watercolor, and matted them with copper card stock cut to an A2 size. I added natural trim or twine to each panel, along with a die-cut focal image (sentiment or butterfly), and then adhered the panels to A2 card bases. I finished each card with a few copper sequins.

For the second two cards, I trimmed the stamped panels a bit smaller, but I again added the copper splatter and matted the panels with copper card stock. I added a die-cut sentiment to each card and used a Tiny Attacher to add a snippet of natural trim or crochet trim at the top of each panel. I used cream-colored card bases and adhered a strip of coordinating card stock across each one. Using foam tape I attached each panel to a card base and finished them with copper sequins.

 Thanks for stopping by!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous idea to create your own back grounds using stamps! I might try that idea! Thinking of the many stamps I have, the possibilities are endless! I really like the copper embellishments, and cardstock! The blue Butterfly looks great, and the colour goes well all the nature bits, as well as the copper! Fabulous ideas!
Sunshine.

Andrea said...

Thank you, Sunshine!