Thursday, February 29, 2024

February Christmas cards: fractured cards

I'm getting my February Christmas cards posted in the nick of time. Thank goodness for leap year! This month I decided to try the fractured card technique using the Mittens & Mistletoe patterned papers. (These patterned papers are the same ones I used for my May 2023 Christmas cards.)

I don't have a tutorial, but if you do an online search you'll find a variety of tutorial videos and samples. The basic idea, though, is to glue a shape on your card panel and then add strips of card stock to create the look of fractures.

For my first try (the card in the lower left with the postage stamp images), I used card stock for the square and adhered it over a panel of patterned paper, so the four outer sections are the same print. For most of the other cards I used different patterned paper for the square and the other sections.

For the focal images on these cards I used mostly coordinating ephemera. I die cut words for a couple of the cards, and for that first card I cut out some of the little stamps from some scraps and adhered them with foam tape.

For these last few cards I used pre-printed images as the focal points. I placed them in the same direction as the cards instead of angling them. It's a different look, but I like how they turned out.

Thanks for stopping by!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this idea! The cards are so prety!
Sunshine.

Anonymous said...

Great idea, and very pretty cards!
Sunshine.

Andrea said...

Thanks so much, Sunshine!