Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Full Bloom

One of the things I've been trying to work on with my crafting is using some of the products I own that I haven't used yet. Today's post focuses on the stamp set Full Bloom, which was one of the 2023 Stamptember stamp sets from Simon Says Stamp (in collaboration with Papertrey Ink).

I've come to enjoy stamp or die sets that have shelves and various items to place on the shelves. So the Full Bloom stamp set, with the ladder image and garden theme, immediately called to me. 

Naturally I wanted to use the ladder image for my first card, so I decorated it with a few of the images in the stamp set. I love the look of the two-step images, even though I didn't line them all up perfectly. I die cut the focal panel with the Essential Arches dies (Ellen Hutson) and matted it with rust card stock also cut into an arch. I wrapped a neutral trim around the front of a dark blue card base and used foam tape to attach the panel over the trim. I finished with two rust-colored enamel dots in the upper left corner.

For my second card I wanted to make something with a completely different look, so I focused on the floral images. I cut a piece of white card stock and, using a few different green inks, stamped the various stems along all the edges. Then I stamped the blossoms and finished with the leaves. To fill the center I used a die-cut "Birthday wishes" sentiment. I rounded the corners of the stamped panel, matted it with black card stock, and adhered it to a light green card base. To embellish the card I added a few clear droplets -- they add a fun detail without distracting from the other colors.

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very colourful cards! Both gorgeous!
Sunshine.

Andrea said...

Thank you, Sunshine!