Monday, January 6, 2020

This and that

Here they are! The last of my cards of 2019. These didn't all fit into one nice category, so I'm just calling it "this and that."

Supplies:
Stamps and dies: April 2019 My Monthly Hero kit (MMH)
Paper: Whisper White card stock (Stampin' Up!), Twilight Mirri Sparkle glitter paper (The Paper Cut), Rustic Wrinkles textured paper - Nutmeg (Snickerdoodle Scraps)
Ink: Faded Jeans Distress Oxide ink (Ranger); VersaMark, Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Accessories: White embossing powder (Hero Arts), blender brushes (Picket Fence Studios), foam tape (3M)


I don't make a lot of scene cards, but the dies in this kit made it pretty easy. Instead of die cutting all the pieces from white card stock and then coloring or painting them, I used some special papers: glittery paper for the water and crinkle card stock for the buildings. (I did leave the laundry white.) I also left in some of the little die-cut openings for a little more texture.

The sky background is sponged, and the clouds and sentiment are embossed.

Supplies:
Stamps: Mod (Avery Elle)
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black card stock (Stampin' Up!); Sea Glass card stock (Gina K Designs)
Ink: Sea Glass, Key Lime, Passion Pink (Gina K Designs); Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Moonshine confetti sequins (Hero Arts), foam tape (3M), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute)


I love the bright colors in this card. I also love that this stamp set has images to stamp the diagonal lines and to fill in the areas where the lines intersect. This is the first (and so far only) card I've made with this stamp set. I need to play with it some more to see if I can create more patterns or looks.


The rest of the cards were all made with background panels that I made ages ago, using Distress Oxide inks, Color Burst powders, and alcohol inks. They've been hanging around on my desk, and I don't remember the specific colors or techniques I used for the backgrounds. But I did list the supplies for the rest of the card.

Supplies:
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes (Stampin' Up!), Tiny Words (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper: Grapefruit Grove, Brocade Blue, Flirty Flamingo, Bermuda Bay, Poppy Parade, Ballet Blue, Peach Parfait, Real Red, Whisper White, Basic Black, Soft Suede (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), Soft Suede (Stampin' Up!), Distress Oxide inks (Ranger)
Accessories: Small Stitcched Rectangle Stackables dies (Lawn Fawn), Hugs Sugar Script die (Birch Press Designs), Hearts dies (Little B), Nested Banners dies (Simon Says Stamp), foam tape (3M)

This is a sampling of cards I made to donate to the Live Like Roo organization, which provides support and financial assistance to families whose pet is facing a cancer diagnosis. The organization sends care packages and includes a card in each package. I had wanted to make pet-themed cards, but I was pressed for time and couldn't come up with a design I liked. So I went with general get well/sending love cards.

Supplies:
Paper: Cajun Craze, Lost Lagoon, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Distress Oxide inks (Ranger)
Accessories: Bird Builder punch and 1-3/4" circle punch (Stampin' Up!), Woodland Silhouettes 2 dies (Taylored Expressions), Box of Chocolate sequins (Craft Medley), Art Glitter Glue (Art Impressions)


The die-cut bear and branches were also left-over pieces hanging around my desk. I just added the punched circle to help the bear stand out against the colorful background. I ran my bold folder along the edges of the card base to distress it a bit and then added a few sequins. I was going for a masculine card, but I wonder if the sequins are too much.

Supplies:
Stamps: Simple Strips Background (Taylored Expressions)
Paper: Thick Whisper White, Basic Black, Lemon Lime Twist, Vellum card stock (Stampin' Up!); alcohol ink paper (YUPO)
Ink: Alcohol inks, VersaMark (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Simple Strips die (Taylored Expressions), "It's your day" die (Simon Says Stamp), black enamel dots (Eyelet Outlet), shimmer mist (made with shimmer liquid watercolor from Taylored Expressions), white embossing powder (Hero Arts), foam strips (3M), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute)


This card used several leftovers, too: the colorful background, the die-cut letters, and the embossed sentiment strip.

To adhere the vellum, I first used tiny dots of Art Glitter Glue to adhere the letters and the sentiment. Then I added drops of glue to the back of the vellum that were hidden behind those pieces and placed the vellum on the background layer. I also added splatters of shimmer mist to the green background:


Supplies:
Stamps: Itty Bitty Birthdays (Stampin' Up!)
Paper: Teal card stock (Archiver's), watercolor paper (unknown), Daffodil Delight card stock (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Color Burst powders (Ken Oliver Crafts), Reactive inks (Hero Arts), Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Butterflies dies (Stampin' Up!), Birthday Basics dies (Concord & 9th), black enamel dots (Eyelet Outlet), shimmer spray (made with shimmer liquid watercolor from Taylored Expressions), foam tape (3M), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute)


I wanted a bright color to contrast with the orange background, so I used a second background piece (made with blue Reactive inks) to die cut a large butterfly. The yellow letters were more pre-cut pieces -- these letters were actually from the word happy. I just turned one of the ps into a d -- and stamped the first two words to finish the sentiment.


And that's it! It feels good to wrap up 2019 and get all of these posted. I'll have new things to share soon -- I'm getting a start on valentines, and of course there are always birthday cards. And I have lots of stamps I ordered this fall (and probably earlier) that I haven't used yet. So many possibilities!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: