Friday, May 26, 2017

One hour, four cards

At the craft retreat I went to last month, one of the activities we did was to fill a BINGO-style card by completing different tasks and challenges. One of the challenges I took on was to make four cards in an hour using the same layout sketch. Here are my cards:

Supplies - flower card (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Celebrate Everything (Paper Pumpkin kit)
Paper: Whisper White, thick Whisper White, Calypso Coral card stock; patterned paper (Close to My Heart)
Ink: Calypso Coral, Old Olive
Accessories: Clear faceted gems, Dimensionals

Supplies - coffee cup (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Thanks a Latte (Paper Pumpkin kit)
Paper: Whisper White, thick Whisper White, Baja Breeze, Soft Suede card stock; Zoe paper (Close to My Heart)
Ink: Baja Breeze, Soft Suede, Signo white gel pen
Accessories: Pearls, Tiny Attached (Tim Holtz), Dimensionals

Well, as it turns out, I finished the cards in an hour, but then I spent another hour touching them up. Details, details. All four of the cards (the other two are below) are simple, but I think they turned out cute. Although I think I should have used Soft Suede for the square mat on the coffee card.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Oh Happy Day
Paper: Whisper White, thick Whisper White, Old Olive card stock; Hello Lovely paper (Close to My Heart)
Ink: Old Olive, Sea Glass (Close to My Heart)
Accessories: Delicate White doilies, rhinestones, clear Wink of Stella glitter brush pen, blender pen (Close to My Heart), Dimensionals, Mono Multi liquid glue

For the second pair of cards I used a really pretty double-sided floral patterned paper; each side of the paper is featured on one of the cards. I hand cut some of the flowers from the paper to use on the focal panels on the cards. I also added a little sparkle to the flowers with a Wink of Stella brush pen, although it's hard to see in the photos.

This was a fun challenge and one that I just might do again on my own. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: