Tuesday, January 6, 2015

One image, three cards

When I'm making cards, if I decide to use a technique that is a bit involved or more time-consuming -- such as using multiple markers to apply ink directly to the rubber of a stamp to create a multi-colored image -- I will sometimes make a few extra images. Then if I mess up the card, I have a back-up image ready to go. And if I don't mess up, I can use the extras to make additional cards. That's how I ended up with these three cards featuring the Hey There Buds image from Stampin' Up!

Card featuring Hey There Buds flower image, Modern Mosaic-embossed background and gold accents.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Hey There Buds, Petite Pairs
Paper: Whisper White, Soft Suede, Calypso Coral
Ink: Soft Suede, Old Olive, Calypso Coral, Real Red
Accessories: Modern Mosaic embossing folder, 1/8" gold ribbon, gold sequin trim, corner rounder, Dimensionals, Glue Dots

I think all three of the cards are pretty self-explanatory, so I won't go into great detail. One note: For all the cards, I used just the flower part of the stamp, not the "hey there" sentiment that is part of the image. If you have questions about other steps or techniques, leave me a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.

For this card, I rounded two opposite corners of the focal layer, stamped a birthday greeting and added faux stitching around the border. I matted the image with Calypso Coral card stock and adhered it to the embossed card base with Dimensionals. For a little glitz I added gold ribbon and a few gold sequins.

Card featuring Hey There Buds flower image cut out with Window Frame Collection Framelits dies and layered on Decorative Dots background.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Hey There Buds, Decorative Dots, Four You
Paper: Whisper White, Soft Suede, Pink Pirouette
Ink: Soft Suede, Old Olive, Calypso Coral, Real Red, Pink Pirouette
Accessories: Window Frame Collection Framelits dies, Festive Paper-Piercing Pack, paper-piercing tool, rhinestones, Dimensionals

For this card I cut out the image with one of the Window Frame Collection Framelits dies then pierced around the border. I matted the focal image with a square of Soft Suede card stock and adhered it to the card base, which I stamped with polka dots. I added a few rhinestones and stamped the sentiment "hello."

Card featuring Hey There Buds stamp as the focal image and stamped repeatedly to make the background.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Hey There Buds, Thank You Kindly
Paper: Whisper White, Real Red card stock
Ink: Soft Suede, Old Olive, Calypso Coral, Real Red, Pink Pirouette
Accessories: Real Red 1/8" taffeta ribbon, pearls, sponge

To make the background for this card I stamped the Hey There Buds image repeatedly using Real Red ink on a Real Red card base. I really like the effect created by that technique, and I think it would also be interesting to stamp the image repeatedly on Whisper White card stock with one color of ink. Then I sponged the edges of the card base, the focal layer and the sentiment layer with Soft Suede ink. For embellishment I added a few pearls and narrow red ribbon.





Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: