Friday, March 8, 2013

Simple and subdued

Although I seem to be drawn to bold, bright colors in my card-making lately (trying to shake off winter!), I am equally fond of more relaxing, subdued color palettes. I found the combination of Wild Wasabi, Chocolate Chip and Pool Party in my Color Coach from Stampin' Up!®. I hadn't tried it before, but I think it works very well with this simple any-occasion card layout.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!®):
Stamps: Quint-Essential Flower
Card stock: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Wild Wasabi, Pool Party
Accessories: 2-3/8" and 1-1/4" scallop circle punches, 1" circle punch, corner rounder, In Color Designer Printed brads, Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack, paper piercer and mat, Dimensionals


I stamped the Quint-Essential Flower three times on Whisper White card stock -- once in each color -- punched out the images with different punches, added a brad to the smallest piece and layered them together with Dimensionals. I adhered a strip of Chocolate Chip card stock behind the layered flower and then adhered the whole piece to the Crumb Cake card base, which I had already pierced using the Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack. I rounded the two bottom corners of the card for an extra little detail.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: