Thursday, September 17, 2026

Sparkle and shine

While I was making one of my alcohol ink cards I ended up with some leftover die-cut letters, specifically the letters of the word shine. I really wanted to use those letters on a card, and this was what I came up with:


I love how this card turned out! I covered the letters with Glossy Accents so they look shiny, and I found the die-cut sparkle in a tray of random unused die-cuts. I didn’t have a small enough alphabet die set for the word and, so I searched through my word dies for a size and font I liked and created the word myself. The end of the phrase, on your special day, was from a stamp set.

I put the elements together on a white card base and added a gold die-cut crown at the top and some scallops at the bottom. I didn’t think the card needed any embellishments, but I did finish it with a wavy white frame for a little tone-on-tone texture.

Thanks for stopping by!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i really like that very shiny crown! I also like how you have mixed and matched different craft elements to create the card! That way nothing is wasted and everything has been put to good use! Sunshine

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine! It’s fun to find ways to mix and match different products.