Friday, June 9, 2023

Bubble Over card sets

We have three days of school left (yippee!), and a few weeks ago I had the idea that I wanted to make cards for some of my coworkers. I waffled between making card sets for a few coworkers and making a whole bunch (like 100) and letting whoever wanted a few cards to pick out what they wanted. I figured out last weekend that I didn't have enough time to make 100 cards, so I decided to make as many four-card sets as I can, and I'll give them away as little "happy summer" gifts.


For the first couple of card sets I used the Bubble Over stamp set from Stampin' Up! (retired) and the coordinating dies and Designer Series Paper (DSP). I die cut soda bottles and round bottle caps from some of the DSP for focal points and embellishments. The caps on the bottles are die cut from silver card stock, and I added small clear droplets on each card to look like bubbles.


I stuck with pretty simple layouts, so the cards are all similar (though no two are exactly the same). I made sure that each card set had four different colored card bases, four different sentiments, and a mix of patterned papers. The bottles on two of the cards in this set were die cut from card stock instead of DSP. I sponged the edges of those bottles with the coordinating ink and die cut labels for the bottles.


While I had all the supplies out, I made a few birthday cards to add to my stash because I think they make good teen cards. For the Crumb Cake card, I used a paper coaster as a layer and I stamped some bubbles and the words "pop" and "fizz" on the top portion of the card.

I'm working on the next few sets of cards, so stay tuned! Thanks for stopping by!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful cards Andrea! And very Summery for sure! I am sure the recipients will love them! You are so good at making multiple cards, and I always enjoy seeing them! I have a horrible head cold and sinus infection at the moment, so have mot done any crafting for awhile. I wish it was Summer here!
Enjoy your holidays!
Sunshine.

Anonymous said...

Great cards - anyone who gets some of these "Happy Summer" card sets will certainly love them. Hope the last few days of the school year will go as smoothly as possible. I'm sure everyone is excited to be finishing the year.
Judy

Andrea said...

Thank you, Judy and Sunshine!