Friday, November 27, 2020

A few last fall cards

I'm back! I can't believe it's been almost two weeks since my last post. I had wanted to share these last few autumn cards a little earlier in the month, or at least before Thanksgiving. But, you know, life. So here they are, better late than never.

Supplies:
Stamps: Forest Background (Hero Arts), Lighthearted Leaves (Stampin' Up!)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry, Crumb Cake, Really Rust, vellum card stock (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry, Crumb Cake, Really Rust, Early Espresso (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: Autumn Bouquet Fancy Dies (Hero Arts), Bold Hello die (Simon Says Stamp), Dimensionals (Stampin' Up!), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute)

The Forest Background stamp is fun because it's a reverse image; it stamps the rectangular background and leaves the trees white. I wanted to use multiple autumn colors for the background, so I pulled out one of those old rainbow-style pads that has a row of several rectangular mini ink pads in different colors. I had a pad that was the perfect colors, but I discovered that it was all dried up. Instead of throwing it away, I used ink refills I had in similar colors and re-inked the pad. Perfect!

For the card with the quote, I stamped the sentiment on vellum to help it stand out against the trees. I folded the ends of the vellum and secured them behind the focal panel. For the second card, I die cut the "hello" sentiment a couple of times and glued the pieces together before adding them to the card. I embellished both cards with a few die-cut coordinating leaves.

I think this background stamp would also be pretty in shades of blue with die-cut snowflakes for a winter-themed card.

Supplies:
Stamps: Tall Wheat, Sept. 2020 My Monthly Hero kit (Hero Arts)
Paper: Very Vanilla, thick Very Vanilla card stock (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Fossilized Amber, Spiced Marmalade, Broken China, Faded Jeans Distress Oxide inks (Ranger), Onyx Black VersaFine (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Clear droplets (Pretty Pink Posh), rectangle masking stencil (Taylored Expressions), blender brushes (Picket Fence Studios)

For these harvest-themed cards, I placed a masking stencil on a thick Very Vanilla card base and then blended a few colors of Distress Oxide ink to create a sunset. I stamped the wheat stamp in black over each blended background and added a sentiment on a strip of Very Vanilla card stock. A few clear droplets finish the cards.

Supplies:
Stamps: KB's Leaf Branch, KB's Birthday Bird, Fall Colors (Endless Creations)
Paper: Whisper White, Pool Party card stock (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko); Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Pool Party, Mocha, Bronze Blends/Blendabilities markers (Stampin' Up!); white paint pen (Posca)
Accessories: Small Stitched rectangle Stackables dies (Lawn Fawn), gold sequins (The Makery), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute)

With this card I originally planned to make the birds blue and the leaves red, yellow, and orange. But instead I decided to change it up and make the birds red and orange and all the leaves yellow. I wanted to get in some blue without coloring the whole sky, so I made a simple outline around all the stamped images. I made dots with the markers to add texture and shading to the images and added a few highlights with a white paint pen. I finished with a few gold sequins for a touch of sparkle.

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

Sunshine. said...

First of all, so happy to see you back posting again! I was getting worried that maybe you weren't well.
Love the Autumn cards, and the reverse stamp is great! I like how they stamp the back ground, but leave the focal image white. The card wit the saying by Emily Bronte is so pretty! The colours are so lovely, and those little die cut leaves are so cute! And yes, that stamp would look great in shades of blue with some die cut/stamped snowflakes! I hope you make one so I can see! The Harvest themed cards look so good against the sunset backgrounds! The colours of the sunset remind of the sunset here, last night! Very pretty against the silhouette of the black of the wheat!
The two little birds on the last card are very pretty! I like how you outlined the entire stamped image in a soft blue colour.
All these cards are great Andrea, and, of course, I love the scatterings of sequins and clear glass drops:-) You have been very busy!
Sunshine.

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine! I've been continuing to make cards (when I can muster the energy), but I've had very little desire to post on here or on Instagram. I think it's just a lot of stress about a variety of things. And now with the holiday season, it's going to be crazy trying to get things done. Oh, well. I'll just do what I can. :)