Friday, April 24, 2020

A little bundle of birthday cards

Gah! I can't believe we're nearing the end of April, and I've only done three blog posts for the month. I'm trying not to feel guilty about my inconsistent posting -- there are enough other things to be stressed about right now -- but I also don't want to fall too far behind. I guess I just have to keep plugging away, and I’ll start by sharing a set of birthday cards I made for my sister.

Supplies:
Stamps: Birthday Stacks (Concord & 9th)
Paper: Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Coastal Cabana card stock (Stampin' Up!); Golden Honey Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko); Daffodil Delight, Coastal Cabana, Granny Apple Green (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: Birthday Stacks dies (Concord & 9th), sparkling clear sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), foam tape (3M), Art Glitter Glue (Art Impressions)

I gave my sister this little bundle of cards for Valentine's Day. It's definitely not a traditional gift, but I wanted to give her something other than candy. And since she occasionally asks me for a birthday card for a coworker, I thought she might like to have a few cards to keep on hand at work.

I wanted the cards to be gender neutral, so I chose a stamp set with traditional birthday images and used a color palette of yellow, green, blue, black and white. I chose two of the colors - Daffodil Delight and Coastal Cabana - for the card bases and added a layer of black-and-white striped DSP to the front of each card.

For the focal panels, I stamped each image along the top of a piece of white card stock and used the coordinating dies to cut around the images and make a shaped border. Below the images, I added a sentiment, stamping multiple times with two different ink colors to fill up the white space. I used foam tape to adhere each panel to a card base and added a few clear sequins for just a touch of sparkle.

Thanks for stopping by today. I’ll try to get a couple more posts done before the end of the month - wish me luck! Be well!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love to see your cards - and this is an awesome set, but...no worries about how often. Not a time to add stress to life. Uplifting thoughts for you and yours.
Judy

Sunshine. said...

Such cute and colourful cards Andrea! What a great idea as a gift:-)
No need to feel guilty - you haven't done anything wrong! Take care and stay well!
Sunshine.
ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

Andrea said...

Thank you, Judy!

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine!