Saturday, June 29, 2019

Oh my whiskers!

Are you a cat person or a dog person? Both? Neither? I love dogs and cats, but I grew up having cats as pets. So if I had to choose, I'd say I'm a cat person. And as a cat person, I think these cards are pretty darn cute.

Supplies:
Stamps: Oh My Whiskers, Purrrfect Sentiments (Honey Bee Stamps)
Paper: Basic Black, Coastal Cabana card stock (Stampin' Up!); watercolor paper (Strathmore)
Ink: Coastal Cabana (Stampin' Up!); Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaFine Onyx Black (Tsukineko); Gansai Tambi watercolor paints: 32, 42, 50, 61, 139, 20, 10, 51, 34 (Kuretake); Signo white gel pen (Uni-Ball)
Accessories: Oh My Whiskers dies (Honey Bee Stamps), Mini Clouds Stencil (The Crafter's Workshop), sparkling clear sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), clear embossing powder (Stampamania), foam tape (3M), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute Glitter), blender brushes (Picket Fence Studios)

Pretty adorable, right? I love this image from the Oh My Whiskers stamp set, so I stamped it several times on watercolor paper. Then I painted the images and cut them out with the coordinating dies.

I decided to keep the backgrounds fairly simple. For the first card, I chose a Coastal Cabana card base. Using a stencil, blender brush and Coastal Cabana ink, I created a cloud background. I stamped a sentiment at the bottom of the card and then used foam tape to add the focal image. I finished off with a few clear sequins.

For the second card, I used a panel of watercolor paper. I created a light watercolor wash, meant to resemble the sky and a grassy hill, and adhered it to a Basic Black card base. Using foam tape I attached the kitten with balloons as well as two stamped and watercolored butterflies. And, of course, I had to add a few of my favorite sequins, too.

I also made a set of clean and simple note cards with several of the cat images in this stamp set, and I'll be back to share that next week. Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Sunshine said...

Cute cards, and yes, I am a cat person! I like the colours, and the backgrounds on both cards. They made me "purr"!
Sunshine
ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Well...I'm a dog person, but, have several friends who are cat people (or have both dogs and cats!). In any case, adorable cards. I took a look to see if Honey Bee had a corresponding dog set. Not exactly, but, I'll be checking my stamps to see if there are any dogs or other cute animals that could work like this. I know I have balloons!
Thanks, as always, for great inspiration!
Judy

Andrea said...

Thank "mew," Sunshine! :)

Andrea said...

Thanks, Judy! I'm glad you find some inspiration on my blog. :)