Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Birthday weekend

Last Saturday was my birthday, and I had a crafty-good weekend. My friend Lisa and I took a little road trip to a not-too-far-away huge craft store, shopped 'till our eyes glazed over, spent a day making cards, and ate cupcakes in our hotel room (on both nights!).

Here is my haul after the first round of shopping. For someone who does not need -- and swears that she's not going to buy -- any more patterned paper, I ended up with a lot of patterned paper. But I fell in love with them and couldn't help myself. And it was my birthday. What are you going to do?

I focused on making Christmas cards during our crafting time. I made a couple of sets: one for the little treat packages I leave for the mail carrier and delivery people over the holidays and one set for my regular stash. I'll share those in my next post.

Lisa was busy making birthday cards and a mini calendar, all of which she will be giving as Christmas gifts.


On Friday night we ate at Star of India. I had mushroom masala and pashwari naan (naan seasoned with coconut and raisins). Yum! We had a little adventure getting there, because the directions told us to turn on a street that we couldn't find. We circled around and finally spotted the restaurant in a little strip mall and figured the "street" must have been the mall entrance.

For dinner on Saturday I was hungry for Mexican food, so we went to La Casita. I had grilled veggie fajitas and a horchata (a rice-based drink with cinnamon), which were delicious. I even had enough fajitas left over for lunch the next day.

And since it was my birthday, I decided a little fried ice cream (and a goofy picture) was in order.


Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like lots of fun stuff! You're right - it's your birthday, you deserve it. And from the tags, it looks like some was on sale, so that's even more of a reason. :-)
Glad you had fun.
Judy

Sunshine. said...

You and Lisa look like you were having loads of fun! Not just crafting, but eating too!
And yes, it was your Birthday, so of course you buy lot's of craft things! Shop with no guilt attached, Andrea:-) BTW, I love your t shirt!!
Glad you had a fab time:-)
Sunshine.
ihearttostamp.blogspot.com