Sunday, March 6, 2016

Card set using February 2016 Paper Pumpkin kit

I managed to solve the tech crisis from last night (I had to delete and reinstall the software for my digital camera), so I'm back today to share a cute card set I made with the stamps and a few leftover supplies from the February 2016 Paper Pumpkin kit, Hello Sunshine.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Kit: February 2016 Paper Pumpkin (Hello Sunshine)
Additional supplies: White A2 cards and envelopes (Halcraft USA); Pool Party, Calypso Coral, Pear Pizzazz ink pads; Simply Scored Tool; chevron gift bag; Tag a Bag Accessory Kit (retired); Fine-Tip Glue Pen

I loved this Paper Pumpkin kit: the printed card bases and envelopes, the die cuts and embellishments, the colors, and especially the stamps. So when I finished making the cards in the kit, I decided to keep going and use the stamps and the same color combo to make a set of six cards for a good friend.

I started with pre-cut and -scored white card bases and envelopes. I stamped one of the sentiments from the kit using Blackberry Bliss in the lower right corner about 1/2" from the bottom of the card. (For the full card set I chose three of the sentiments and used each sentiment on two cards.) Then I stamped a cluster of flowers on either side of the sentiment using Blackberry Bliss, Calypso Coral, Pool Party and Pear Pizzazz inks. To continue the theme, I also stamped a few flowers inside the card and on the front of the envelope.

To embellish the card, first I cut a narrow strip from the leftover adhesive-backed gold paper. I trimmed one end into a V and adhered it below the sentiment, even with the right side of the card base. To add a little texture I embossed a border around most of the card about 1/8" from the edge of the card base. I didn't want the border to overlap the stamped images, so I made very light pencil marks inside the card front to mark the boundaries of the stamped images, and I ended the score line at the pencil marks. Finally I added a few of the leftover sequins for a little sparkle.

To package the cards I used one of the kraft gift bags. Since these were single-layer cards they weren't bulky, and all six cards and envelopes fit perfectly in the bag.

I found two tags from one of the retired Tag a Bag Accessory kits that coordinated with the color combo of the cards. I stamped a sentiment and flowers on one of the tags and layered them together with Dimensionals. A little clip to attach the tag to the bag was the final touch.

I didn't write a To/From on the tag so my friend can reuse it -- and the bag -- if she wants to. It's not an elaborate presentation, but I think it's cute and works well with the clean and simple card design.



 Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: