Sunday, April 12, 2015

A fortune-filled birthday

I have a quick post today with a birthday card filled with good fortune.

Birthday card featuring three fortune cookies made with the Good Fortune stamp set from Lawn Fawn.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Good Fortune (Lawn Fawn)
Paper: Real Red, Basic Black, So Saffron, Whisper White card stock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Smoky Slate, So Saffron
Accessories: Fancy Fan embossing folder, gold sequin trim, large oval punch, bone folder, Glue Dots, Dimensionals

I've used this stamp set a few times to make birthday cards, but typically I use one fortune cookie paired with the images of the take-out container and chopsticks (also in the set). This time I wanted to try a different layout, so I picked three fortunes that all seemed appropriate for a birthday celebration and used them together on the card front.

After I stamped and cut out the fortunes, I used my bone folder to gently curl those pieces of card stock. Then I placed two Dimensionals stacked together under the raised portions to help them keep their shape. I love the extra detail of that little bit of dimension.

I actually made this birthday card months ago but never got around to sharing it with you. It's actually a good thing, though, because I am out of cards to post. I'm not quite sure how that happened, but I guess I'd better get some stamping done today and tomorrow!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: