Saturday, August 27, 2011

One more card set

After finishing my last card set yesterday, I decided I wanted to stamp another set today, but a set that was much easier to produce. I used pre-cut and -scored 3" x 3" cards and patterned paper -- two things that make it really simple to create a set of cards.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!®, except crochet thread):
Stamps: Very Punny
Card stock: Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Regal Rose, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Pacific Point, Real Red, Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo, Brights Collection Patterns DSP Stack
Ink: Jet Black StazOn®, Daffodil Delight, Regal Rose, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Pacific Point, Real Red, Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo, Blush Blossom, Early Espresso
Accessories: Aqua Painter®, crochet thread, Basic Rhinestomes,1-3/8" circle punch, Scallop Circle punch, Small Heart punch, Dimensionals

I really love this set of cards. They're simple, and there really isn't any "wow" factor to them, but they're cute and sweet, and sometimes that's all you need. I think the layout, bold colors, polka dot patterned paper and stamp set all work well together.

To color the images, I used an Aqua Painter and the individual ink pads. (Push down on the ink pad lid while it's closed, then open it and dip the Aqua Painter in the ink that is in the lid.) And they did need just a little embellishment, so I added a bit of crochet thread and a rhinestone in the corner of each card (a little bling is always good).

Since the cards turned out so cute, I didn't want the envelopes to be a plain, boring disappointment. So I used the Small Heart punch to punch two hearts out of the polka dot DSP for each color. Then I glued the hearts onto the front of the envelopes, so each card has a coordinating envelope (see photo below).

To package the cards, I made a simple gift box and glued one heart punch of each color on the box lid. I didn't take pictures of the box, but it's pretty basic. Maybe I'll show how to make the box in a future tutorial -- it's nice to be able to make an easy box in just about whatever size you need.

This type of card set is probably one of my favorite stamping projects. Once I decide on a layout, they are quick to create (not much thinking needed), but because each card is just a bit different, I don't get completely bored making them. And they're fun little gifts to have on hand. I think I now have four card sets ready to go, so I should be set for a while. Better start working on some other projects!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Kathygrace said...

Love them! Did you wrap the thread to the edge of the front of the card and then glue it or did you wrap around the whole base of the card?

Andrea said...

Thanks, Kathy! It's been awhile since I made these cards, but I'm pretty sure I wrapped the thread around the card front twice, tied it in a knot and then covered the knot with the focal image. Hope that helps!