Monday, August 1, 2011

A new adventure

Welcome to my first blog post! I’ve thought about creating a blog for awhile, but several things held me back: Does the world really need another blog? Do I – a shy, mostly reserved and private person want to open my thoughts to anyone and everyone? Do I have the time and dedication to keep up with regular blog posts? Who knows. But despite all those things I ultimately decided I just want to write. I write letters and journal entries now and then, but I miss writing and editing as a career. Of course, what I wrote and edited in the sales training and financial services areas wasn't exactly creative. But it was still writing. So here goes nothing!

Honestly, I don’t really know how this blog will look yet. I want to share some of the cards and other craft items I create. And I’ll probably throw in a funny story now and then (I do get some good stories from work, as long as you can appreciate toddler humor.) or some rambling thoughts about random topics. (The philosophy major in me really likes to over think things.) I guess I’ll just figure it out as I go.

I feel like in my first post I should share a picture of something I’ve created recently:
Supplies (all Stampin’ Up!):
Stamps: Raining Flowers
Colors: Whisper White, Baja Breeze, Soft Suede, So Saffron
Accessories: Modern Label, Decorative Label, Jewelry Tag, 1" circle, corner rounder, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border, and Itty Bitty Shapes punches; Baja Breeze Seam Binding; crochet thread; Neutrals and Subtles brads; clear buttons; Fun Flowers die; Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder; Pretties kit; Basic Pearls; Dimensionals; Color Spritzer

I stamped one sheet of white card stock with flower images, spritzed it with Soft Suede and cut it into quarters. Then I used different layouts and embellishments to create four cards, each with a different style. (This technique -- stamping one sheet and cutting it to use on multiple cards -- is called one-sheet wonder.) These cards were for some of my friends from the Stampin’ Up! convention I attended last month.

Thanks for stopping by! I’ll be back soon with my next post.

1 comment:

Sunshine. said...

So glad you started blogging! I've been looking back over your posts and seeing the difference in your earlier cards, and how far you've come! Really enjoyed it!
Sunshine