Saturday, August 26, 2023

August Christmas cards: Simple peace

I hadn't planned to make any Christmas cards this month, but I decided I'd do one more batch to have some extras, just in case. I wanted a relatively simple design with a nature theme, so I used a long-retired stamp set, Heaven & Nature (Stampin' Up!).


I made a total of eight cards with this layout. I stamped the image and sentiment on cream card stock using dark brown ink and cut them out with Wonky Stitched Circle dies. I didn't want to do a lot of coloring, but I thought the image needed a touch of color, so I used red and green markers to color just the holly leaves.


For the background I used tan woodgrain card stock that I splattered with gold paint. I layered the background panel on a dark brown card base and attached the die-cut circles with foam tape. I finished the cards with a twine bow and several sequins.


To be honest, I'm not crazy about this card design. It's not bad, just not quite what I had in mind. But they're done, and now I have 98 holiday cards (I didn't make them all this year; some are left over from last Christmas). I may have to make two more just so I have 100. Hmm. . .

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG these are fabulous cards Andrea! I just love them! I like the calm serene feeling of them. That woodgrain cardstock is great! I also like that you didn't colour them, except for the holly. I think they are beautiful! The recipients will treasure them:-)
I wish I had the energy to get more cards made!
Sunshine.

Anonymous said...

I can only echo what Sunshine wrote in her comment - everything works together to support the theme and feeling of calm. Perfect!
Judy

Andrea said...

Thank you, Sunshine and Judy!