Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Bright Blossoms cards

Earlier today I posted some of the flower pictures I took during our craft retreat last weekend. It seemed only fitting to follow that up with the three floral cards I made using the Stampin' Up!® set Bright Blossoms.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Bright Blossoms
Card stock: Lucky Limeade, Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry, Daffodil Delight, Real Red
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Daffodil Delight, Real Red, Lucky Limeade
Accessories: 1" square punch, Postage Stamp punch, Whimsy embossing folders (Lifestyle Crafts), Lucky Limeade baker's twine, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), Dimensionals

This clean, classic design is definitely a go-to layout for me. The stamped flowers fit perfectly in the 1" square punch, and I love the little extra detail provided by the embossed background panel.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Bright Blossoms
Card stock: Island Indigo, Whisper White
Ink: Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade
Accessories: 1" square punch, Postage Stamp punch, Island Indigo baker's twine, paper-piercing tool and mat, Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack, Dimensionals

Well, I did tell you it was a go-to layout, didn't I? With this version I used the same flower image on all three of the punched squares and just changed the orientation of the image. For a little bit of texture, I pierced a scalloped border along the bottom edge of the card front.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Bright Blossoms, Petite Pairs
Card stock: Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry, Island Indigo
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade
Accessories: 2-1/2" circle punch, Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack, Whimsy embossing folders (Lifestyle Crafts), rhinestones, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), Mono Multi liquid glue

For the focal image I used markers to color parts of the stamps (the vases, flower stems and leaves) and then used one of the punches from the Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack to make the flowers. (Incidentally, it is the one punch from the pack that I thought I probably wouldn't use very much. Hah! I use it all the time.) I added a flag for the greeting and adhered it with the focal image to an embossed background panel.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: