Today marks fifteen years of my blog. Crazy. That simultaneously seems like so long and no time at all. I wasn’t sure how to mark the occasion, so I decided to do what I do best: make a card.
This card is perfect for the occasion for a couple of reasons. First, this shade of blue is one of my favorite colors. And second, the panel with the fireworks is upcycled from an old desk calendar. I love to find ways to reuse things, especially cool or pretty papers.
I don’t think this card needs much explanation, but here are a few details. I used gold foil card stock to die cut the frame, the scalloped circle, and the numbers. I die-cut the word “hooray” twice and layered them together to give the sentiment a little more heft. And the pennants on the award ribbon are also trimmed from the desk calendar, which is great because I knew it would perfectly match the background panel.
Whether this is your first time here or you’ve been following along for years, thanks for stopping by!


No comments:
Post a Comment