I just realized that I’m behind on my blog posting (I know, shocking, right?). Back in July I spent a day playing around with my alcohol inks and making a bunch of different backgrounds. I thought I had already posted them, but I guess not. So here they are, better late than never:
I can’t give you the specifics on how I made any piece in particular since it’s been awhile, but in general I played around with the inks, alcohol blending solution, and rubbing alcohol. For tools, I used the Tim Holtz alcohol ink applicator with felt pads and an ink blower. My ink blower is an old one designed to hold a felt-tip marker and create colored splatter. I might get a new one someday, but for now it’s good enough.
It had been awhile since I used my alcohol inks, so I looked through a little instruction/idea booklet I have and also watched a couple of short YouTube videos to get started. There are some really amazing artistic things you can do with alcohol ink, but I just like to make these colorful panels for cards.
I ended up using some of these pieces for card backgrounds and some for die-cut pieces. I’ll shore those cards In my next couple of posts.
Thanks for stopping by!





Wow! These are gorgeous! The colours are amazing! Can't wait to see what you create with them! I bet you had heaps of fun creating them! (Did you get inky fingers?!) Sunshine ihearttostamp.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteThanks, Sunshine! I absolutely had inky fingers when I was done!
Delete